So, what are you doing for spring break? A whole week — and me without plans. So I came up with a list of 25 great ways to spend your family time, from half-day museum visits to multi-day resort experiences.
2. Youâ€™ve done 3D â€“ now go for the 4D experience at the Vancouver Aquarium in Vancouver, BC.
3. Spend the night on an active volcano — sleep at the National Park Inn on Mt. Rainier.
4. Skip the petting zoo and go on a farm stay.
5. Park your car — you won’t need it in the pedestrian wonderland of Whistler, BC Â — then slip down the slopes at the Tube Park.
6. Identify wildflowers on an Oregon-based Columbia Gorge hike.
7. Expose the kids to art â€“ for free â€“ at a Seattle museum.
8. Look for Pokemon toys at the Asian-Canadian supermall Aberdeen Centre in Richmond, BC.
9. Go for a family ride in one of the most â€œbike friendly citiesâ€ in the U.S.: Portland, Ore.
10. Visit Spokaneâ€™s Riverfront Park, a family-friendly playground with 15 super-cool attractions.
11. Touch Moon meteorites and Martian rocks at OMSIâ€™s Space exhibit, in Portland, Ore.
12. Look for the Ogopogo Monster in Lake Okanagan, BC.
13. Watch glassblowers create liquid art in the Museum of Glass Hot Shop in Tacoma, Wash.
14. Ride the new Rose Carousel at the Butchart Gardens.
15. Visit the sea lion caves in Florence, Oregon.
16. Use coupons for family-friendly fun on Central Vancouver Island, BC.
17. Go whale watching among the San Juan Islands, Wash.
18. Take the kids skiing â€“ for free â€“ on Oregonâ€™s Mt. Bachelor.
19. Chill out at Harrison Hot Springs in Harrison, BC.
20. Dig into the prehistoric past at the Oregon Paleo Lands Institute in Fossil, Ore.
21. Tour the weird and wacky Roadside America stops around Cascadia.
22. Fly a kite or dig for clams in Long Beach, Wash.
23. Ride the Mount Hood Railroad in Mt. Hood, Ore.
24. Let the kids bounce off (someone elseâ€™s) walls at Sky High Sports in Bellevue, Wash.
25. Close your eyes, point to a map of BC, Washington and Oregon. Where did your finger land? Drive there. Tell me what you find.
Or do you have a spring break hot spot to share? Tell us all about it…