Hi! I’m Lora Shinn, a 39-year-old mom to a 9-year-old boy and a 15-year-old girl. I grew up in Washington State near the Washington-Oregon border, and have traveled thousands of miles throughout BC, Washington and Oregon, often taking my kids with me. Here are more fun facts:
- I’m a former librarian, and now a professional freelance journalist. I’ve written travel-focused pieces for a wide variety of publications, including Afar, National Geographic Traveler, Parenting, and many more I’m also the author of Northwest Kid Trips: Portland, Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver.
- My goal is to connect families to the best kid- and parent-friendly hotels, attractions, restaurants and shops in British Columbia, Oregon and Washington. I want to make sure everyone has a good time: parents, kids, grandparents, friends. I seek out the unusual, interesting, educational and locally owned options.
- I do not accept hotel stays, discounted tickets or other freebies in order to provide positive reviews. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.
- I don’t write sponsored posts. I do not participate in the creation of advertising content that may appear on my site. Advertiser-provided content, games or ads will be clearly labeled as advertising. Cascadia Kids does not accept nor compose advertorials.
- I will only recommend hotels, restaurants and attractions that I believe are worthy of raves. If I don’t like it, I’ll say so, although I strive to be fair. I’m a pretty picky person.
- I disclaim liability for blog-readers’ personal safety problems, crappy travel experiences and poor parenting choices.
- I take no legal responsibility for inaccuracies, omissions and lack of comprehensiveness, although I urge readers to contact me ASAP at lora AT cascadiakids.com and inform me of the above.
- By reading and using information in this blog, you agree that you alone are responsible for your travels. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. I attempt to update and maintain accurate listings and information on this blog, but urge you to always double-check all listings and I encourage you to explore on your own terms. Information is accurate at the time of content creation.
- Have a great tip? Want to share your travel story? E-mail me at lora AT cascadiakids.com, I would love to hear from you!